Friday, October 12, 2007

Live Oak Canyon Farm, Yucaipa, CA


Autumn is upon us and let me tell you, there is no better place to have a fun FREE field trip than Live Oak Canyon Farms in Yucaipa, CA. Directly off the "10*" just east of San Bernardino, this farm and all it has to offer, again for FREE!, is well worth the drive.

Originally I was going to write about their interesting history, the family ownership, and all of the MANY things they offer, but the post went on for pages, so instead I beg you to take time and visit their web site. On the web site they have history, a daily calendar of events, ideas for choosing from their varieties, decorating ideas, and all of this again with their Christmas Tree events.

Stats and Gory Details: Admission is FREE, -Open Daily 9-5, School Tours available, "U"-pick pumpkins and/or farm fresh picked and ready to go. Many varieties of pumpkins and gourds. Picnic tables. Snack Bar. Gift Shop. Petting Zoo.

*Directions: From LA- take the 10 freeway east past Redlands; to Live Oak Canyon Road; South on Live Oak Canyon Road 1/4 mile and left into the parking lot.

add to sk*rt

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Easy on and off of the 10! That's what I love about this place. And it is huge! The crowds are large but still you don't feel cramped and closed in or otherwise just that it is too many people. It was great last saturday when I went. Fun place, I'll go back again and again.

S'mee said...

I couldn't believe all the photo ops!

Brianna said...

The pictures from the field trip turned out great! I wish I had been there!